“I know I’m far from perfect, but I’ll be the best version of myself for you.”
|Hair Color|| Bluish-black (Outside)
Raspberry pink (Inside)
|Family||Yubinane Shigeru (Father)
Yubinane Marika (Mother)
|Theme Song(s)||Brave Jewel|
|Favorite Brand(s)||Dreaming Girl
|Voice Actress||Aiba Aina|
Honoka Yubinane (優美な音 和花 Yubinane Honoka) is a premium-type idol who prefers the brands Dreaming Girl and Perfect Velvet. She is known outside PriPara as a famous child actor.
- Sonata (ソナタ) refers to a type of instrumental musical composition.
- From Japanese 和 (hono) meaning "harmony" (using an obscure nanori reading) and 花 (ka) meaning "flower", as well as other combinations of kanji which have the same pronunciation. Very often it is written ほのか using the hiragana writing system.
- The word 優美な (yubina) means graceful, while 音 (ne) means sound. Adding the two together, her surname means "graceful sound(s)".
Honoka has straight bluish-black hair held up in twintails and turquoise eyes. She wears colorless contacts due to her poor eyesight, and refuses to wear glasses as she feels self-conscious in them.
Inside PriPara, Honoka's hair turns into a raspberry pink-magenta gradient and now has curls at the ends. During Cyalume Change, her eyes gain purple accents.
She is usually seen with heart earrings inside and out of PriPara, and a crown-like barrette inside PriPara that is themed with pastel colors and hearts.
Honoka is initially cold and stoic, and tends to be blunt about her thoughts and opinions. In reality, she has issues with communication and her self-esteem, which stems from her childhood insecurities of being seen as talentless and with little to no worth. Since Honoka had been in the entertainment industry for far longer than her peers, this developed her realist-like views and her fixation on improving by all means necessary, even to the point of downright resentment towards those who think that simply "doing their best" would be enough. Though she means no harm, she just believes that anyone in the entertainment industry should take their work seriously, even if PriPara is only a means of enjoyment for many.
Inside PriPara, Honoka becomes more gentle and livelier, and even tends to laugh and smile more often. Her jokes border on sarcasm and playfulness, and despite the fact that being an idol is excruciating, if not moreso than being an actress, Honoka believes that her becoming an idol allowed her to do feats that she had initially deemed impossible. While she is still somewhat of a perfectionist, she learns to be more open towards other options and is very passionate about self-improvement, even reaching towards a point where she gets inspired by others' successes in order to motivate herself more.
- Hiroko - Honoka's manager, a baby chick. They don't speak much with each other, claiming that they read each other's minds due to their similar perspectives on many things in general.
- Shigeru Yubinane - Honoka’s father. They’re very close, but lately, Shigeru wishes that they’d interact a bit more outside of conversations about her career and his fashion company. He was the one who decided on her stage name.
- Marika Yubinane - Honoka’s late mother. She died due to food poisoning, and since then, Honoka has become wary of the food she eats, especially sweets. They weren’t that close, since Marika was often working and rarely came home, but they love each other. Honoka looks up to her as an amazing woman.
- Hibiki Shikyoin - Honoka idolizes her. She wishes to get closer to Hibiki someday, and has mentioned multiple times that she is her inspiration. Honoka claims to have acquired her signature already.
- Miyumi Koyuki - Her teammate in SoYuNi Chorale. They get along very well despite their clashing personalities and aren’t afraid to show their weaknesses. Honoka notes that they've slightly drifted apart lately because of their differing schedules and hobbies, but they both agree to keep in touch in the future and remain close friends.
- Nini Kaname - Her teammate in SoYuNi Chorale. At first, they disliked each other and treated each other's existence as a burden, but thanks to Miyumi, they were able to warm up to each other quickly. Honoka gravitates towards her for advice on life in general, and in return, does simple favors for her as her payment. Honoka sees Nini as her best friend.
- Ibuki Tsubasaragi - Honoka's self-proclaimed rival, and temporary teammate in Neo Zetsubou Renaissance. They always butt heads and are quick to criticize each other for their faults, but both have a great deal of respect and concern for one another, not hesitating to share their ideas and give feedback when necessary. Their rivalry has only brought them closer as friends. She initially disliked the fact that he was able to rise up to Major Class on his debut live, and sympathizes with him over their lost mothers.
- Taiga Kougami - Her temporary teammate in Neo Zetsubou Renaissance. Unlike Ibuki, their opinions clash even more, and Taiga knows all of the ways in order to piss her off. They’re okay with each other’s presence enough to enjoy being in the same unit.
- Renjoji Parker - He and Honoka are acquainted through Ibuki. Honoka always feels calm around Renjoji's presence, even if he has violent outbursts from time to time. She makes it a habit to check up on him from time to time and made it her personal goal to get him to open up to others, but nobody knows that she has a crush on him (not even Honoka herself).
- Koroko Bokerdole - He and Honoka are acquainted through Ibuki. Honoka is very nice and caring towards him, and knows him well enough to not push his boundaries as a Vocaldoll.
- Yuna Tsubasaragi - Honoka was indifferent towards her at first, but they eventually became friends after they resolved their issues together. She often gets flustered whenever Yuna praises her dancing.
- Sophie Hojo - People often compare them with each other. Sophie was actually the idol who inspired her to join PriPara, and as a result, Honoka is grateful for her. SoLaMi SMILE was the basis behind their unit name.
- Cotton Candy Star Coord - Her main casual coord. As of now, this is no longer the case.
- Aqua Jewel Pirates Coord - Her current casual coord.
- Precious Dreaming Girl Cyalume Coord - Her previous Cyalume Coord.
- Peppermint Chocolate Coord - One of Honoka's previous casual coords, serving as her first out of the three. She also wore this coord on her debut live.
- Adult Jumper Coord - Her casual coord outside of PriPara.
- Lovely Makeup Coffret Coord - Her go-to performance coord.
- “Sonata? Rising! Sonata? Rising! Nice to meet you, guys, I’m Yubinane Sonata!”
- “’Honoka’ and ‘Genius’ are enough to determine my existence.”
- ”Someone said the ends of my hair look like curly fries. Never in my life had I felt so betrayed.”
- ”Please, if you’re going to ask me via live broadcast on whether I prefer being called ‘Honoka’ or ‘Sonata’, just shut up and read my profile on Pritter.”
- ”Stream Miyu-san’s new single for clear skin!“
- ”MissPrionaire asked, ‘How are your lessons going?’ Well, uh, good question. I already uninstalled Priolingo, but I still get notifs in my mail every ten hours. It’s scary.”
- ”I don’t have a cousin in PriParis. That’s just your eyes playing tricks on you.”
- ”Can someone please tell Ibuki to stop laughing every five seconds?”
- ”I’ve lived for 14 years, yet this is the most sunlight I’ve ever gotten.”
- ”You guys should stop giving me chocolate on my birthday. It’s unfair.“
- ”Everyone’s cussing in English in the comments right now, but don’t forget that I can understand what y’all are saying. *chuckles* Continue. It’s funny.”
- ”Why is ‘HONOKA HAS BLUE HAIR’ trending... haven’t you seen me in real life already??”
- ”I’m not perfect, but I’ll still keep trying. For all of you. I love you, my Sonatinas.”
- Honoka's voice actress is Aiba Aina (相羽あいな Aiba Aina), a singer and voice actress who is affiliated with Hibiki. She is best known for her work as the voice actress for Minato Yukina, a character from BanG Dream! and the main vocalist of Roselia.
- Honoka shares a few traits with Shirasagi Chisato, another character from BanG Dream! who is a former child actor and Pastel*Palettes' bassist. However, Honoka was made before her creator got into Bandori.
- Her birthday, March 14, is celebrated as White Day in Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and China.
- Honoka's father is the CEO of a fashion company and brand named Licorice. Her late mother is a world-renowned designer under this brand. Licorice is a (fictional) sub-company under RONI, which Honoka promoted during her childhood, and she is often chosen as the muse for their clothing lines.
- Her real first name is Sonata. It was accidentally revealed when SoYuNi Chorale was formed, though she recovers quickly afterwards, saying that she is not embarrassed by the name anymore. ”Sonata” went trending on Pritter for 4 hours worldwide.
- Her favorite food is takoyaki, and she loves drinking iced coffee.
- She dislikes bitter things, and food that is too hot for her to handle. (She has a cat's tongue.)
- Honoka has a fear of water, and at most, she can only scream about being unable to swim.
- Her official fanclub is called Sonatine (individual members are Sonatinas), and the official website even includes details about her acting career. Fans tend to switch between her two names, commonly using Sonata for her personal life and occasionally, her idol endeavors. (Honoka doesn’t have a preference.)
- She used to study at an acting school in Korea, before moving back to Japan at the age of 11.
- Her Pritter handle is @geniushonoka_, and she does live broadcasts on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
- Both of her solo songs (Brave Jewel and Neo-Aspect) feature the vocals of SoYuNi Chorale, further proving the fact that Honoka gets stronger when they're by her side.
- Honoka is trilingual. She knows Japanese, and learned English through her temporary residence in Korea, having a certain degree of fluency in the language. Honoka only began learning Korean after she left the country, which she still regrets to this day.
- She loves the yume-kawaii aesthetic, and has incorporated it in many of her coords. As of now, Honoka is slowly gravitating towards a darker theme (akin to LoLi GoThiC).
- She is always shown to be extremely harsh on herself even when things go well. Once, during a solo performance, her voice cracked and she cried backstage afterwards.
- She became an actress at the age of 12. The first drama she starred in, “Heaven's Meteor”, had her casted as the main character’s younger cousin.
- She used to be a Lovely-type. Her friends thought she’d be a Cool-type or a Celeb-type.
- Contrary to popular belief, Honoka’s family (and Licorice, their fashion company/brand) is only in the middle-class rankings. They only got rich after Honoka made her acting debut.
- She is allergic to cats, specifically cat fur, and this extends towards her hatred for wearing cat coords. (Pretty ironic, considering who her voice actress' other role is...)
- Honoka sees herself as a genius, and jokingly refers to herself as one whenever she is asked to sing during variety shows. She also claims to be a good rapper; her "skills" are up to debate, though she's admitted that she can only rap in Japanese.
- Her fanclub calls her "Genius Honoka-san", a name she calls herself whenever she makes a witty comeback or acts cool. She thinks the name is too childish, much like her real name, but has grown to love it as her fanclub expanded.
- Whenever she travels—alone or with her unit—the first thing she brings is her first-aid kit.
- Honoka prepares herself for even the most mundane of tasks, and would not take "doing your best" as an answer. For example, when preparing for a new role, she'd do anything it takes to become one with her own character. She works hard in order to get good results, and disapproves of people who slack off.
- She works hard in order to be good at everything, except for cooking, beatboxing and anything that has to do with physical strength. People also mention that she's a sore loser when it comes to games, though she claims that she only loses on purpose, a statement that is still debatable to this day.
- If she weren't an actress, Honoka would love to be a famous DJ.